This procedure is performed to improve contour and remove excess skin from either the inner or outer thighs after weight loss. More commonly addressed are the inner thighs. A lateral thigh lift is performed to lift skin and improve the contour of the outer thighs. This lift is performed through an incision that is made high up on the thigh, near the outer waist and can be concealed in the underwear. It can also be performed as part of a lower body lift without any additional incisions.
Who is a good candidate for thigh lift surgery?
In general, candidates for a thigh lift are:
- People whose weight is relatively stable.
- Individuals with excess soft tissue along the inner (medial) thigh region and/or the outer (lateral) thigh.
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that impair healing or increase the risk of surgery.
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what thigh lift surgery can accomplish.
- Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle, including proper nutrition and fitness.
What should I expect during my thigh lift recovery?
During your recovery from thigh lift surgery, dressings/bandages may be applied to your incisions following the procedure.
Small, thin tubes may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain excess fluid or blood that may collect.
What results should I expect after thigh lift surgery?
The results of a thigh lift are visible almost immediately. However, it may take several months for the final results to fully develop.
Following a thigh lift, skin quality is improved both in appearance and feel.
Some visible scars will remain, but the overall results are long lasting, provided that you maintain a stable weight and general fitness.
As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness. However, most of your initial improvement should remain.