Becoming a mother is one of life’s most significant and unique experiences for a woman. Holding your newborn is an indescribable feeling. There is great joy in becoming a mother.
But it is normal to want to get your pre-mommy body. A mommy makeover can help give you back your pre-childbirth body and self-esteem. You can regain the self-esteem that you felt before and feel even better and sexier. Despite its name, any woman can get a mommy makeover as it offers many surgical and non-surgical procedures that can give a rejuvenated look and a more youthful appearance.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a plastic surgery combination procedure that helps restore the shape of a woman’s body following childbirth using different methods depending on her individual needs. It addresses the effects of childbearing on the body, including her face, breasts, buttocks, stomach, and waist.
Even if a woman dedicates herself to a regular exercise routine, it is often difficult for her to return to her pre-pregnancy physique. This is mainly due to excess skin that will not return to its normal position once it has gone through pregnancy. Therefore, a mommy makeover is customized specifically for each woman offering a combination of procedures that can rejuvenate specific areas on her body. Various options can often be performed simultaneously, including Breast Augmentation, Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift, Liposuction, Tummy Tuck, Facial & Vaginal Rejuvenation.
Who is a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
Suppose you are looking for a makeover after giving birth or losing significant weight and have seen a major change in your body. In that case, you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover. You should be in good physical health and with a stable weight. Women who have gained weight, especially in their abdomen, saggy skin, and issues such as stretch marks, can consider a mommy makeover.
How long do I need to wait after childbirth?
It depends on your specific situation; every woman is different. Some general rules are:
- Be at a stable weight for at least three months.
- Please wait until your breasts have returned to their standard size.
- Three months or so after you have stopped breastfeeding.
Can I combine a Mommy Makeover with another procedure?
A mommy makeover is an amalgamation of procedures based on your individual needs. It may include Breast Implants , Breast Lift or Reduction, Liposuction, Facial Rejuvenation, Labiaplasty & Abdominoplasty. It depends on what you are looking to improve upon at this time of your life. The added benefits are that combining procedures reduces your exposure to anesthesia and offers you only one recovery period.
Types of Mommy Makeover Procedures
- Let’s take a closer look at some of the procedures available to you and get you the best results for rejuvenation. During your consultation, you will have an opportunity to discuss precisely what you desire with your doctor and the issues you want to address, such as getting rid of weight and erasing stretch marks. A mommy makeover can help improve your self-esteem and transform your life.
- Breast Augmentation can provide you with volume and fullness in your breasts.
- Breast Implants can change the size, shape, and contour of your breast.
- Breast Lift eradicates a deflated appearance and restores the perkiness of your breast line
- Breast Reduction is ideal for women with large, heavy breasts that are causing physical pain or make them feel self-conscious.
- Labiaplasty helps to improve the aesthetic appearance of your labia and also helps to improve function.
- Liposuction is a popular choice to remove areas of fat in your abdomen, arms, and legs for a more sculpted and contoured appearance.
- J Plasma technology can help cause skin tightening and retraction to decrease skin sagging.
- A tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat around your stomach, which is affected by childbirth and changes in weight.
Someone’s reasons for a Mommy Makeover
Every woman has her own unique needs and reasons to make changes that will improve how she feels about herself and her body, especially after giving birth. Here are some of the most popular reasons for a mommy makeover:
- Can correct stretched or large nipple/areola.
- Enhance your cleavage, including restoring volumeImprove breast symmetry.
- Get a more youthful appearance and feel and look young again.
- Results will be long-lasting, providing you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- You will feel more like yourself again with renewed self-esteem.
- Better support for your breasts and a more youthful appearance.
- You can combine two or more procedures simultaneously to save on recovery.
- Eliminates pregnancy issues such as excess fat, loss of elasticity, and stretch marks.
- A firmer abdomen will eliminate excess fat and skin while tightening your abdominal muscles.
Recovery after Mommy Makeover
Your recovery time will depend on which specific procedures you decide to have. The typical mommy makeover has a 10 to 14-day recovery period in which you should expect to be off your feet, be off from work, and not follow your normal activities. Most people return to work within a week, depending on the nature of their work. You will gradually heal over the next few months; it can take up to six months to see the full results of your mommy makeover.