Porcelain veneers are thin porcelain shells placed on the front of your teeth. These pieces are fabricated in our dental laboratory, where our technicians provide translucent, natural-looking results. At the first appointment, minimal tooth preparation is performed, and the impression is taken. At the second appointment, the veneers are placed.
Creating your new smile with Porcelain Veneers
is to communicate exactly what you don’t like about your current smile to our Doctor.
At NewFace MD, we have the latest technology on the market; we can create a 3D image of your teeth in a few minutes using an iTero scanner, an advanced digital scanner, where you will get an interactive and high-resolution image of your teeth.
We show you what your veneers would look like on your teeth with the help of the scanner.
Once the plan has been agreed upon with Dr. Andreina Jativa, the teeth will be prepared by removing a small amount of enamel (gum trimming may be necessary). Next, molds of your teeth will be taken, which will be used in the specialized dental lab to create your porcelain veneers; when the veneers are ready and will take approximately 2 to three weeks, we will call you to do the cementation process on your teeth.
Are you a good candidate for porcelain veneers?
- Porcelain veneers are ideal for people who want to improve their aesthetic image.
- Severely stained teeth that do not respond to teeth whitening.
- Chipped or cracked teeth.
- Slightly crowded teeth.
- Teeth of unequal lengths or proportions.
- Slightly or moderately misaligned teeth
- Gummy smiles.
You will get:
- Minimal tooth wear.
- The color of your teeth does not lose brightness or color; they do not change regardless of food intake or smoking.
- If you take excellent care of them, they can last 15 – 20 years.
- Due to their resistant material (porcelain), the chances of breakage are minimal.
- Porcelain provides the ideal bond between tooth enamel and veneer.
- Strength and durability.
- It excellently adheres to the tooth.
- Its fit and esthetics are incredible.
- They have a good relationship with the gum and good adhesion to the tooth.
- They have good biocompatibility.